Vektrex designs, develops and manufactures high performance LED and laser testing products with the goal to innovate and provide advanced, high quality, forward-looking solutions that improve the quality of LED light and reduce global greenhouse gas emissions. Are you ready to work for a company where you can make an immediate impact? Are you ready to join an exciting company that does meaningful work for the green tech community? If this sounds like you please read the full job requirements below:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs a variety of electronic, electro-mechanical assembly operations on systems, assemblies, and/oor sub-assemblies.
- Determines and/or follows methods and sequence of operations in performing wiring, component installation, hand soldering and cable harnessing on assembly units.
- Build and validate precision current sources assemblies in accordance with procedure. Uses standardized tools and electric equipment to perform electronic and mechanical assembly.
- Configuration and calibration of electronic products. Familiarity with DMM and Oscilloscope and basic electronic and electrical skills a plus.
- Read and interpret drawings or written instructions performing assemble tasks to work instructions.
- Perform assembly tasks such as wiring, component installation, hand soldering and cable harnessing, Solder, tin wire, and splice connections.
- Must be able to crimp terminal/contacts onto wires using manual tooling
- Executes standardized process inspections/tests throughout the production process.
- Collaborates with peers and/or supervisors to resolve problems.
- Interfaces with engineers to support special builds and experiments, with detailed instructions.
- Prepares completed assemblies for shipment.
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to effectively communicate with production and engineering team members.
- Knowledge of basic hand tools, cutters, wire strippers, soldering iron and heat gun.
- Good computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel)
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Must be able to read blueprints, mechanical drawings, bill of materials and written instructions
- Cables and soldering experience 3 years
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions per company policies
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance per company policies
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly
- Able to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Vektrex is entrepreneurial with a small staff. You will have responsibilities and we expect peak performance.
- Change is a constant. Vektrex is fast paced and fast growing. You need to be disciplined and a fast-learner.
Application Submission Instructions:
Vektrex prides itself on company loyalty and we accomplish this by allowing employees to grow as the company grows. This is a great opportunity for you to be the next success story. Email email@example.com to apply.
We offer competitive salaries, a 9/80 work schedule with every other Friday off, good benefits including an HSA program, bonuses, and a casual yet high-energy work environment.
Vektrex is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical and mental disability, political affiliation or belief, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other classification protected by state or federal law.