As the Marketing Administrator, you will leverage your knowledge of marketing and communications to promote the Vektrex brand and products externally and use your organizational skills to seamlessly connect projects and people internally. Under the direction of the CEO and Marketing Manager, you will learn our business objectives and help support these by rolling up your sleeves and diving into the creation, design, and execution of marketing material. Beyond the tactical element of creation and deployment, you will be asked to champion the administrative elements of the project and resource management across departments and contractors, ensuring that tasks are fluid, timely, and complete.
Vektrex is a fast-moving group of big thinkers but a small enough company that you will get amble exposure across the company and opportunities to grow. As the Marketing Administrator, you will build upon your current business and marketing knowledge and see the results of your work directly. You will receive coaching and experience across all marketing touchpoints (digital, social, print, and trade shows), and be a key contributor as Vektrex scales globally. To be successful here, you must be a doer: one that is highly motivated and likes proactively solving problems is good at seamlessly orchestrating people and projects, and has an affinity for the details!
- People and Project Coordination: You will work with our small but nimble internal team as well as our external resources to orchestrate, coordinate and manage project timelines. You will also be responsible for scheduling and leading meetings, capturing action items, persist follow up, and drive the project until it comes to a successful close.
- Clear Communication: Your superb written and verbal skills will be needed to facilitate easy internal communications, liaise with external parties, and overall present Vektrex professionally in each interaction. We’ll rely on your effective intrapersonal skills to drive actions, follow up as needed with stakeholders, and command results on each project.
- Implementing Marketing Strategies: Based on the direction of the CEO and Marketing Manager you will be asked to plan, test, and implement ongoing and new marketing strategies. These may include:
- Design Needs: creating or altering (resizing, recoloring, and basic creation) imagery and iconography, modifying templates, creating documents (brochures, digital files, web content)
- Market Research: obtaining, sorting, and distilling key information on our target audience, competitive landscape, trends, and more.
- Copy and Editing: learn the Vektrex brand style and voice and deploy this throughout the content, thoroughly reviewing and editing all documents before they go for review/deployment
- Database Management: maintain existing databases including management of image and content repositories, customer lists, lead generation from campaigns, and more.
- Implementation: effectively execute these strategies on the appropriate platform and with the right tools (by updating the website on WordPress, creating brochures in In-Design, responding on social via LinkedIn)
- Reporting: track, measure, and report back findings and insights on the status of campaigns, on-going events, monthly platform status, etc.
- Additional Sales and Marketing Support: In this role you may be asked to help with additional and connected sales related duties that facilitate marketing events, generate leads, or help improve our internal communications.
Skill Sets and Requirements:
To be a successful member of the Vektrex family we ensure that you are both the right skills and cultural fit. We look for individuals who are sharp, fast-learners, and are quick to deploy to jump in. Below are a more complete list of these skills that we believe will make the Marketing Manager successful.
Core skills and platforms:
- Leadership experience of people and resources
- Content creation and editing (content, copy, wordsmithing, and refinement)
- Graphic design (Adobe In-Design, Adobe PhotoShop)
- Website development and basic content maintenance (WordPress)
- Email Automation and CRM (MailChimp and Zoho)
- Project (and Process) Management
- Market research practices and techniques
- Experience analyzing data
- Proficiency with programs, such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Social media brand management across policies, content and community management (specifically LinkedIn)
- PR experience (earned media, press releases)
- Video design and production
- Experience with programming languages such as CSS and HTML
- Background knowledge or experience in the solid state lighting industry
- High School diploma mandatory
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related business discipline
- 1-2 years experience in a marketing related role
Application Submission Instructions:
Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line: “Marketing Administrator”