The SpikeSafe™ 8A DC / Continuous Pulse (DCP) Current Source supports LED or Laser Diode reliability, burn-in test, IESNA LM-80 DC Constant Current or Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) drive, and other test applications requiring DC or pulsed current. DC / Continuous Pulse Current Sources feature precision pulsing for improved measurement repeatability. It provides 4 independent source channels of reliable and accurate DC or continuous pulse current drive at compliance voltages up to 200V. This high current/high channel count combination makes the SS400 DCP 8A an ideal choice to power devices such as high power laser stacks and COB LED arrays.
Each source channel delivers up to 1600W of output power at an industry-leading 96% power conversion efficiency. High efficiency reduces electricity and cooling needs, lowering the total cost of ownership for systems incorporating the DCP. Continuous power conversion technology means no duty cycle or pulse width limitations.
Adjustable load tuning allows the SpikeSafe to compensate for load conditions, cable impedance, and length. The result is output pulses with microsecond rise and fall times. Pulses from multiple channels may be synchronized or staggered for load balancing.
A built-in data acquisition system samples pulsed or DC voltage and current to support LM-80 monitoring requirements.
Devices being tested are protected with a gentle turn-on during ramp-up, and with SpikeSafe load protection during operation. SpikeSafe load protection continuously monitors voltage and current patterns and instantly shuts down drive when device anomalies are detected.
8A Current Source Key Specifications
- Independent Programmable Source Channels: 4
- Output Power: 1600W/Channel, 6400W Total
- Max. Compliance Voltage: 50V, 100V, or 200V
- Max. Current: 8A
- Output Current Accuracy: 0.04%+350µA
- Pulse width range: 10µs-15000s
- Modulated Current – develop and execute your own current waveform shape
- SpikeSafe output power is based on DC input power. Consult Vektrex to select the appropriate bulk power supply for your application.
- Optional SpikeSafe Test and Reliability Software (STARS) controls and monitors 1 to 32 SpikeSafe modules. STARS supports source setup, data logging, error monitoring, test timing, and power cycling.
System Configuration Options
SpikeSafe DC / Continuous Pulse Current Sources are available in a self-contained 2U rack-mountable chassis that holds one module, or in multi-module rack systems that house up to 8, 24 or 32 modules. Scalable, modular design enables easy system expansion for increased capacity or specialized test performance.