Thank you for your interest in employment at Vektrex.
Currently, the following positions are open:
- Applications Engineer
- Sales Coordinator
We are looking for a detail-oriented, highly motivated, positive individual with excellent writing and communications skills to support our installed base of LED & Laser testing systems. To qualify, you must possess an engineering degree or equivalent experience and you must be adept at hands-on installation, troubleshooting, and repair of electronic and mechanical systems.
At Vektrex, you will work with our sales team to install and support Vektrex’s high power LED drivers, liquid-based thermal management systems and precision light measurement systems. You will participate in all sales phases from pre-sales evaluation, customer installations, system upgrades and long-term maintenance.
Vektrex is growing through a reputation for the best LED testing products on the market. We have products in countries all over the world—Malaysia, Germany, Taiwan, South Korea, China, the US and more. Our business is growing, and the Applications Engineer will be a key addition to the team to accelerate our growth.
- Minimum 2 years of work experience
- BS Engineering degree, or equivalent
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Comfortable using tools, manual dexterity
- Strong project management and prioritization skills
- Able to work autonomously and as a team player
- Continuous process improvement mindset
- Experience with complex systems and software / applications
- 20-40% travel is required
- Must be a US Citizen
- Position will be based at San Diego offices
- Develop domain expertise with LED, SSL, and laser applications
- Liaison with customer to ensure compatibility between system requirements and customer facilities
- Plan and execute the installation of Vektrex products and systems on-site at customer locations
- Interface with multiple points of contact within the customer’s organization
- Team interaction that includes Sales, Production, Engineering and other departments within Vektrex
- Understand customer needs and effectively share information internally
- Identify new business opportunities w/ existing customers
- Support marketing efforts (trade shows, webinars, etc.)
Are you ready to work for a company where you can make an immediate impact? Are you ready to join an exciting company that does meaningful work in a dynamic industry?
In this Sales Coordinator position, you will provide essential support for the executive sales team. You must be comfortable multi-tasking, juggling multiple priorities, and be extremely detail-oriented. We expect you to have keen organizational and communication skills. As we are a small, but growing business, you will have the opportunity to work on many different projects and each day is slightly different. Although this role supports the sales team, there are no direct sales responsibilities.
Vektrex is growing through a reputation for the best LED testing products on the market. We have products in countries all over the world – Malaysia, Germany, Taiwan, South Korea, China, the US and more. Our business is growing, and the Sales Administrator will be a key addition to the team to accelerate our growth.
- Minimum 3 years of work experience (1+ year sales administrative role)
- CRM experience required (ZOHO experience preferred)
- An understanding of sales and sales processes (quotes, purchase orders, work orders)
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to follow instructions and work with minimal supervision
- Experience with commonly used business software / applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Provide sales support to CEO and Director of Business Development
- Create quotations and proposals for standard products
- Process customer purchase orders
- Organize customer files
- Be the ‘CRM Expert’, responsible for data accuracy and reports
- Assist with developing and editing sales presentations
- Participate in marketing efforts (sales tools, tradeshows, etc.)
- Proactive communication with customers, distributors, and internal departments
- Coordination of travel arrangements and meetings (internationally and domestically)
We are always looking for talent in the following fields:
- Business Development
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Software Engineering
If you are interested in employment at Vektrex, apply below.apply now
Vektrex prides itself on company loyalty and we accomplish this by allowing employees to grow as the company grows.
We offer competitive salaries, a 9/80 work schedule with every other Friday off, good benefits including an HSA program, bonuses, and a casual yet high-energy work environment. Send us your resume today!
Vektrex is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical and mental disability, political affiliation or belief, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other classification protected by state or federal law.