Thank you for your interest in employment at Vektrex.
Currently, the following positions are open:
- Administrative Assistant
- Senior Electronics Technician
Are you ready to work for a company where you can make an immediate impact?
If you draw energy from being part of a collaborative team, this is a good fit for you. If you are exploring different career paths, then this is a great fit. In addition to performing standard admin functions, you will provide essential support for multifunctional teams. Vektrex promotes from within and this position has growth opportunities within the company.
Depending upon your education/experience/strength, you may be focused in marketing, sales, accounting, production or other areas. You must be comfortable multi-tasking, juggling multiple priorities, and be extremely detail-oriented. We expect you to have keen organizational and communication skills. As we are a small business, you will have the opportunity to work on many different projects and each day is slightly different.
Vektrex is a technology company providing products and solutions to the solid state lighting industry. Our products are in facilities worldwide including Malaysia, Germany, Taiwan, South Korea, China, the US and more. We are adding to our team in this key area to accelerate our growth, and to make an even bigger impact on the world.
- College degree preferred, High School diploma or equivalent required
- 2+ years of administrative experience supporting a work group and/or manager
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organization, time management, and prioritization skills
- Customer oriented and ability to effectively interact and communicate with multiple teams within the company
- Superior technical skills, including but not limited to, Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Powerpoint, and Excel
- Typing correspondence, copying files and miscellaneous tasks as required
- Under general supervision, provide administrative support
- Participate on multifunctional teams
- Continue career path with a specific focus (marketing, accounting, etc.)
- Assist in the development and implementation of operating policies and procedures by providing input as a team member of a process improvement team.
- Assists in the organization and tracking of company products, materials, and supplies
- Assist in editing and formatting documentation using Microsoft Office Products (MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint)
Senior Electronics Technician
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Continuing the high caliber of quality, test, calibrate and repair OEM high power electronic control systems.
- Calibrate High Power Control circuits using prescribed methods and equipment while maintaining a safe work environment.
- Using schematics and block diagrams along with solid understanding of electronic theory, determine component failure to repair power and logic circuits.
- Configure products to meet customer demand.
- Upgrade circuits to meet changing design needs and engineering prototype needs.
- Maintain test documentation database
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor
- Provide technical assistance to Engineering group as required.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Must be proficient with DMM and Oscilloscope.
- Very good computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel ) and network systems
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- IPC Soldering proficiency required, both thru-hole and surface mount. Must be able to read schematics, bill of materials and written instructions
- High school diploma or GED required
- Associate degree preferred
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions per company policies
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance per company policies
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly
- Able to sit or stand for long periods of time
We are always looking for talent in the following fields:
- Business Development
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Software Engineering
If you are interested in employment at Vektrex, apply below.apply now
Vektrex prides itself on company loyalty and we accomplish this by allowing employees to grow as the company grows.
We offer competitive salaries, a 9/80 work schedule with every other Friday off, good benefits including an HSA program, bonuses, and a casual yet high-energy work environment. Send us your resume today!
Vektrex is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical and mental disability, political affiliation or belief, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other classification protected by state or federal law.